Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A Sorry State of Affairs

Hunter grow up and stop the child like bashing nonsense.

Lets get back to shooting. I don't agree with all of Al's ideas, just 99% of them. Do I owe any of you an apology, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    Lets get back to shooting. I don't agree with all of Al's ideas, just 99% of them. Do I owe any of you an apology, I don't think so.
    well I only agree with 98% of your ideas so I WIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    Now there you go with that “age” thing, D Mort. I’m not so young I don’t know what “crash and burn” means but that “Two Cents” throws me. You always say my two cents but your posts have much more value than that. I could spare a dime.
    Francis,
    The post wasn't directed at you but you seem to have taken it personally, and that is not my problem. I told you sometime back you don't have to read my stuff...just block it and save your money.

Mort

No. No. No. I agree with you.

Another Problem!

Resisting instructions from police can be the breeding ground of a bad situation. Why is that difficult to understand?

Paragraphs 5-7 of the following are spot on: https://townhall.com/columnists/scot...y-are-n2570631

The Flip Side of the "Sorry State of Affairs"

I got this link today -- it's worth watching.

https://pinearts.smugmug.com/The-Boy...ha-Beach-2014/

When the wife and I were on vacation in the Caribbean we met a couple from Holland that took care of American graves from operation" Market Garden". The operation was pretty much a bust with heavy losses in the airborne units. They showed us pictures of graves that were being maintained by members of the local village. I was really impressed.

Mort
    Last edited by dmort; 06-21-2020 at 05:35 PM.

the times

I don't usually talk about stuff like this but that and covid is all that's on so Ive been getting a steady diet of this crap. heres my 2 cents. Looks to me like the tearing down and defacing of our fore fathers, no matter what side they were on in the civil war or our founding fathers is close to burning the books in Nazi Germany in the 30s . Heaven help us if we go down that road. You cant erase history even if you don't like it. So quit trying to rewrite it. There that's off my chest. sorry, Doug

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by doug casner View Post
    i don't usually talk about stuff like this but that and covid is all that's on so ive been getting a steady diet of this crap. Heres my 2 cents. Looks to me like the tearing down and defacing of our fore fathers, no matter what side they were on in the civil war or our founding fathers is close to burning the books in nazi germany in the 30s . Heaven help us if we go down that road. You cant erase history even if you don't like it. So quit trying to rewrite it. There that's off my chest. Sorry, doug
    great the nand s is over it was a great war lets leave it that way

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by billbrawand View Post
    great the nand s is over it was a great war lets leave it that way
    those stautes of great should be left because they were great just remember paul revere

Removing statues and flags from public property?

It's fine with me if all statues of people are removed; however, I think it should be up to the vote of the people in whatever jurisdictions the statues are located. As for removing flags (e.g., the confederate battle flag), same as above -- let the people vote on the matter.

The audacity of the SEC telling the State of Mississippi how its flag should look is beyond absurd, IMO.

They are breaking the law and no one has the balls to stop it that is the real issue not if they belong or not.

“If you want to be a part of a solution and not the problem, you need to clear out of that area,” she said. https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ne...mpaign_1337824

Too little, too late.

The mayor needs to resign she has broken the oath she took to protect her own. Now she has the blood of a young girl on her hands. This so called takeover should have never been allowed and wouldn't have if she would have let her law enforcement do so without their hands being tied. If they couldn't do it the National Guard surely could have and that precious little girl would still be alive. Looking for someone who did it she says then take them all to jail and book them as accessories to a murder and someone will talk.