Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 90

Thread: A Sorry State of Affairs

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Angelo, Texas (West Texas)
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post


    I have two sisters living up in "The Redoubt"..... an hour north of Coeur d'Alene and completely off the grid. Texas calls itself "independent"??? Sorry, northern Idaho is AMERICA!!!

    Old School and all the way.... "This Ain't Dallas"......
    Don't bring doubt on Texas. You don't know Texas. I am sure northern Idaho is beautiful and grand but so is Texas. There is a lot of beauty in this great country. The people of Texas have something handed down to them from the people that first came here seeking good land in the 1820s with Steven Austin and we teach our little ones about it. There is a pride that you wouldn't understand unless you had lived a lifetime down here. There is a feeling that a Texan gets standing in front of the Alamo that you might not understand. You mentioned Dallas, well Dallas is a big city. If you ever had a change of planes at DFW you have been in Texas but not the real Texas that I know. Stop in the Mexican Food place in Big Lake, Texas sometime and announce that Texas is not independent then tell me what you think.

    Concho Bill
    Texan by birth,
    American by the grace of God

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Nampa Idaho
    Posts
    693
    Al.
    The majority of folks in southern Idaho are also conservative. I love this state and feel fortunate to live here.

    Mort

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    11,033
    Quote Originally Posted by dmort View Post
    Al.
    The majority of folks in southern Idaho are also conservative. I love this state and feel fortunate to live here.

    Mort


    I've got about 40 close relatives scattered from Priest River on the panhandle down to Twin Falls and points in between, Post Falls, Lewiston, Boise, Sun River...... they all keep their "secret" real close

    Kinda' like us Warshingtonians keeping the mossy webfooted stories alive. And we like to have places to stay when elk hunting that gentle country there in Idaho LOL

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wynne View Post
    ...The people of Texas have something handed down to them from the people that first came here seeking good land in the 1820s with Steven Austin and we teach our little ones about it...
    Bill,

    Are we talking about the legal immigrants, or the illegal ones? Mexico isn't the first nation to have illegals crossing its border into another one. No, am not kidding on this statement. See https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ico-180973306/ for an example.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    11,033

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    Meanwhile I'm gratified and heartened to see the crashing and burning actually finally happening.
    alinwa, regrettably, Wilbur's ignore button doesn't block baloney when I'm not signed-in, but "just sso's you understand that I...don't see it the same way as you, let me explain." In no way whatsoever do I agree with or condone your statement above -- in fact, I'm surprised that no one else on here has called you out on that statement. I realize that you have the right to think what you want, and to verbally express yourself -- but, some statements will "live in infamy."

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    11,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    alinwa, regrettably, Wilbur's ignore button doesn't block baloney when I'm not signed-in, but "just sso's you understand that I...don't see it the same way as you, let me explain." In no way whatsoever do I agree with or condone your statement above -- in fact, I'm surprised that no one else on here has called you out on that statement. I realize that you have the right to think what you want, and to verbally express yourself -- but, some statements will "live in infamy."
    LOL!!!

    You don't know what "crash and burn" means do you...... you equate it with the children and their flash-in-the-pan "race riot" crap.

    No you silly.... a bunch of punks wrecking a few stores cuz they're dumb like that has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Angelo, Texas (West Texas)
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Asa Yam View Post
    Bill,

    Are we talking about the legal immigrants, or the illegal ones? Mexico isn't the first nation to have illegals crossing its border into another one. No, am not kidding on this statement. See https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ico-180973306/ for an example.
    Thank you for your comments. What you found by H. W. Brands is close to the truth. For news to travel from the capital of Mexico to the land called Texas in that time was over three months. Today there is not a place on earth that remote. There was a western expansion of the United States at that time. There are still families in Texas who did not cross the border but the border crossed them. The fact was that Mexico claimed land that they could not control and were not using. There were no border guards on the Sabine River to control the border. If what happened in Texas bothers you consider how Spain took over Mexico with Cortez.

    The government of Mexico was was trying to have an orderly settlement of Texas lands. That government was later taken over by Santa Anna who was a very cruel dictator. He did several things wrong but the main thing he did wrong was to piss off the Texans by invading with an army to drive all the white settlers out.

    As you know the story is not always the facts but they make the story more interesting.

    Concho Bill

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    LOL!!!

    You don't know what "crash and burn" means do you...... you equate it with the children and their flash-in-the-pan "race riot" crap.

    No you silly.... a bunch of punks wrecking a few stores cuz they're dumb like that has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.
    In the context of this thread (see post # 1 above) and the recent aftermath of lawless folks crashing windows and doors of buildings and burning properties all over the country (both of which caused millions of dollars in damage), its impossible for me to interpret your statement to mean anything other than exactly what it said. Your attempt to deflect and distract is not a good tactic, here.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Angelo, Texas (West Texas)
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    In the context of this thread (see post # 1 above) and the recent aftermath of lawless folks crashing windows and doors of buildings and burning properties all over the country (both of which caused millions of dollars in damage), its impossible for me to interpret your statement to mean anything other than exactly what it said. Your attempt to deflect and distract is not a good tactic, here.
    Spot on, Hunter!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    11,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    In the context of this thread (see post # 1 above) and the recent aftermath of lawless folks crashing windows and doors of buildings and burning properties all over the country (both of which caused millions of dollars in damage), its impossible for me to interpret your statement to mean anything other than exactly what it said. Your attempt to deflect and distract is not a good tactic, here.
    Sorry but I've got "crash and burn" posts going back 20yrs on this forum....

    I realize that you cannot and will not ever understand what I'm saying. To you "millions of dollars" is a 'thing'...... a term, a "really big number"

    Same Planet, Different Worlds.

    But cheer up you can be absolutely sure that as you wave your fist out from behind your rock and shout the darkness back YOU'RE ON THE WINNING SIDE! By your definition you're "right"...... you have the strength of numbers.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wynne View Post
    Spot on, Hunter!
    Spot onSpot on.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    Sorry but I've got "crash and burn" posts going back 20yrs on this forum.... So, what -- I didn't, and don't plan to, search your 20-year old posts to try to figure out what you mean with your baloney posts.

    I realize that you cannot and will not ever understand what I'm saying. Why don't you try saying what you mean in comprehensible sentences in plain English, rather than fancy-dancing around the bush, trying to be cute? To you "millions of dollars" is a 'thing'...... a term, a "really big number" Actually, to me, "millions of dollars," in the context of my post above, simply represents the widespread damage caused by a bunch of lawless folks.

    Same Planet, Different Worlds. Yes, the lawless folks and I are in two different worlds.

    But cheer up you can be absolutely sure that as you wave your fist out from behind your rock and shout the darkness back YOU'RE ON THE WINNING SIDE! By your definition you're "right"...... you have the strength of numbers. I have no idea of what you speak -- try using comprehensible sentences in plain English.
    alinwa, no wonder you're no longer on Accurate Shooter; you might be beyond help.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    in a home
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    alinwa, no wonder you're no longer on Accurate Shooter; you might be beyond help.
    " are beyond help" there I fixed it for you

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Poetry, Tex.
    Posts
    6,741
    Keep after them Al! They really don't get it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •