Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sorry State of Affairs

Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    ............doesn't hurt anyone's feelings and not the intent.
    Candace Owens is a beautiful adult human, anyone who's "feelings are hurt" by Candace needs to stick him thumb back in him mouth and go back to coloring, trying to stay in the lines...... we need to come to a place where "offending" the children is not the societal driver in play.

If one of my sons brought Candace home she would get such a hug....

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    Candace Owens is a beautiful adult human, anyone who's "feelings are hurt" by Candace needs to stick him thumb back in him mouth and go back to coloring, trying to stay in the lines...... we need to come to a place where "offending" the children is not the societal driver in play.

If one of my sons brought Candace home she would get such a hug....

I totally agree!

Quite a remarkable lady and one who is putting her own life at great risk everytime she speaks the truth. She is also welcome to hang out with my family if she could ever find the time. Also thought some of you who might not know her would enjoy hearing what she has to say.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RmuFIM4meXg
    Last edited by Louis.J; 06-07-2020 at 02:08 PM.

......Also thought some of you who might not know her would enjoy hearing what she has to say.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RmuFIM4meXg
    I wish that were true

You might notice that the op isn't exactly jumping up and down in support of your posts..... he may even pull the entire thread.

This has been the normal reaction to Candace and her "wacko beliefs"

Pull it if need be I really don't care. As you know it happens all the time Al when someone doesn't want to hear what other's might think. I would actually like to hear what they might have to say is not that the American way?

I think the first sentence in this article is spot-on, also >>> https://www.ajc.com/news/local/polic...MK973qp1n5D2K/.

As for racism (see the second sentence in the above article), I don't know. Do we make choices based on a person's color, or based on the person's actions? If the former, that's what I'd call racism; if the latter, that's not what I'd call racism. One sad thing about this is that the gov't and many businesses appear to encourage race-based decisions frequently, under the guise of "affirmative action." It seems to me that until race is removed from decision making, that racism will always be with us.

BTW, Ms. Owens talks faster than I can listen.

Quote Originally Posted by butch lambert View Post
    yes sir it was! I remember my wife telling me about a lady scolding her for discipline she was dishing out to one of my sons. This was in the 60s. She told the lady she would whip her azz after she got done with our son. The 3 boys are grown with grown children and we are blessed with 2 great grand daughters. Our family is conservative and vote.
    Yes, i'm very proud of them.
    lucky it wasnt old way beech branchand welts for week purty tough in depressionall had on was pair bib overhalls

We either have good law abiding folks or we have bad non law abiding folks and their race has nothing to do with it at all. It is which of those two ways they choose to live their lives that actually does.

We either have good law abiding folks or we have bad non law abiding folks and their race has nothing to do with it at all.
    It looks like we have too many of the latter; this breaks my heart >>>>>> https://www.11alive.com/video/news/c...a-1fde21c7ca8c

Regrettably, the "authorities" (parents, teachers, politicians, etc.) have dropped the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I think the first sentence in this article is spot-on, also

So here is that first sentence.....

A local police chief wrote a nearly 1,000-word Facebook post that accused church leaders of contributing to discord between law enforcement and the public.

I guess you and I have a difference of opinion re what the term "spot on" means.

As for racism (see the second sentence in the above article), I don't know. Do we make choices based on a person's color, or based on the person's actions? If the former, that's what I'd call racism; if the latter, that's not what I'd call racism.
    I think we agree here

BTW, Ms. Owens talks faster than I can listen.
    OK

BTW Hunter..... just sso's you understand that I DO HEAR YOU, and that I simply don't see it the same way as you, let me explain.

Here are some more sentences from the article;

Byers addressed his post to pastors, youth pastors, worship leaders and directors of ministries. He didn’t explain what statements they had made or when. His criticism was based on what officers told him, he said, and not what he had heard or seen firsthand.“The views expressed on Byers’ Facebook page do not reflect the city of Johns Creek,”

Here's where we part ways.....

Byers "addresses all the miscreants but He didn’t explain what statements they had made or when."

Decoded, this simply means he lashed out with yet another baseless "gotta' blame somebody else" post.

You will notice that the city of Johns Creek does not agree...

The "throwing of thee blame" and the "wringing of thee hands" and all the other "acknowledgements that there's a problem" are simply whingeing...... and whingeing, whining, crying and wringing my hands are not my way. I DO STUFF. In Alcoholic's Anonymous you learn that "recognition of the problem is the first step toward a cure"......

But it IS NOT the cure.

What saddens me is that 99% of the people in our once-great country are just now admitting that we have a problem!

And we're YEARS and gobs of "pain" away from even beginning to implement a cure

Meanwhile I'm gratified and heartened to see the crashing and burning actually finally happening....we've been kicking this ball down the road for decades.......

I have two sisters living up in "The Redoubt"..... an hour north of Coeur d'Alene and completely off the grid. Texas calls itself "independent"??? Sorry, northern Idaho is AMERICA!!!

Old School and all the way.... "This Ain't Dallas"......

The will

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    My generation is "those parents"..... and we SUCK at raising kids! WE, the folks getting married and raising families in the '70's/'80's/'90's have produced a generation of children who truly believe in rainbow stew and The Big Rock Candy Mountain.

What I'm saying is, it ain't even really their fault.... my generation failed utterly to pass on to them what our parents gave us.

My parent's generation VOTED for everything, and went to council meetings and township meetings and volunteered on the School Board

Half the so-called "conservative" or worse yet "libertarian" people of the age of 40/50/60yrs old now don't even vote for POTUS, don't know what a primary is.

Lazy-Ass Losers, us..... we taught our kids to whine because WE whine...... "somebody's gotta' DO something!"

"somebody ELSE....."
    of thugs, hoodlums, anarchists and a whole other bunch of low lifes.

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    of thugs, hoodlums, anarchists and a whole other bunch of low lifes.
    Well the world is upside down,what is good is now bad, what was right is now wrong,good is bad and bad is good. Please vote in the next election to help our country!Amen