Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: As of today Canada is being led by a DICK TAY TORE....New firearms BAN

As of today Canada is being led by a DICK TAY TORE....New firearms BAN

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...-ban-1.5552131

Sad day for ALL legal gun owners in Canada in wake of the massacre in Nova Scotia.

No debate in the house or anything. The plus for me is thankfully I have never owned or ever wanted to own any on the list. Regardless it HURTS.

Calvin

maybe we should just keep the border closed till you fix your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CYanchycki View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...-ban-1.5552131

Sad day for ALL legal gun owners in Canada in wake of the massacre in Nova Scotia.

No debate in the house or anything. The plus for me is thankfully I have never owned or ever wanted to own any on the list. Regardless it HURTS.

Calvin

Since the indigenous peoples favorite firearm is the mini 14, how is your
    dictator plan on handling that?
    Sad day for freedom loving people!
    Regards,

JDM

WOW I am not

Quote Originally Posted by rsmithsr View Post
    maybe we should just keep the border closed till you fix your problem.
    one of conflict but not sure what the boarder closure has to do with a firearms ban....

I will leave it at that. It was just meant to be informative for those Americans who may be interested in what is going on in the gun world with the neighbor to the north.

Quote Originally Posted by CYanchycki View Post
    ......... The plus for me is thankfully I have never owned or ever wanted to own any on the list. Regardless it HURTS.

Calvin

So sad to see that pop up on my newsfeed today. I was setting out on a jobsite waiting on concrete.

One thing I've taken to do differently down here, I started with Carter, then the hillbillary's and Whu'BAma is...... I started BUYING these "guns I didn't want" and 25-50rd magazines to go with them...... just and only because of the laws..... I can't imagine why I'd want to pull a trigger on a Ruger Ranch Rifle, but I got one

And dozens of AR's.... just to spite the bastards.

Every time I see that snarky little child-tyrant open his mouth I want to stick a sock in it eh... he's right up there with Jacinda and Wretchin' Gretchen and Uncle Pervy Biden but what REALLY saddens me is that I have very close friends, even a sister, who just hang on every word he says. They think he's cool.... My silly liddle sis actually LOOKS UP TO the wee freak! She so proud and happy he's broken from daddy's mould! (yeahhhh, Poppa P's a conservative to lil' sis)

'Course the same sister refers to Biden as "Smokin' Joe" ...... and were she over the pond would have been out in the streets when Maggie died dancing "Bang Bang The Witch Is Dead"

Good luck up there, hard to stay polite when you're being treated like a criminal

Ya Al, but bottom line...

they are much safer today than they were before the ban....after all the Prime Minister said so!!! What are they going to do when someone takes Grandpa's double barrel and buckshot on a rampage?

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    So sad to see that pop up on my newsfeed today. I was setting out on a jobsite waiting on concrete.

One thing I've taken to do differently down here, I started with Carter, then the hillbillary's and Whu'BAma is...... I started BUYING these "guns I didn't want" and 25-50rd magazines to go with them...... just and only because of the laws..... I can't imagine why I'd want to pull a trigger on a Ruger Ranch Rifle, but I got one

And dozens of AR's.... just to spite the bastards.

Every time I see that snarky little child-tyrant open his mouth I want to stick a sock in it eh... he's right up there with Jacinda and Wretchin' Gretchen and Uncle Pervy Biden but what REALLY saddens me is that I have very close friends, even a sister, who just hang on every word he says. They think he's cool.... My silly liddle sis actually LOOKS UP TO the wee freak! She so proud and happy he's broken from daddy's mould! (yeahhhh, Poppa P's a conservative to lil' sis)

'Course the same sister refers to Biden as "Smokin' Joe" ...... and were she over the pond would have been out in the streets when Maggie died dancing "Bang Bang The Witch Is Dead"

Good luck up there, hard to stay polite when you're being treated like a criminal

First Nations are exempt, of course...

How much longer until the west pulls away from Quebec ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sturm View Post
    First Nations are exempt, of course...

For now, Indigenous People are exempted from this Gun grab.

Canada is a good example why Parliamentary forms of Government can turn repressive. The law of the land is what any majority in Parliament can agree on at the time. This makes them subject to the whims of the moment, since they have no pesky Constitution, with a Bill of Rights, to hamper them.

The only thing that stands between us and government repression is our Constitution, in particular, our Bill of Rights.

Guard it, as if it was a sacred document.

What say

we write the NRA and have them lobby Trump to grant immigration to any Canadian gun owner who wants to get the ell out of ell? We can use the help down here of like thinking folk. Of course, the must pony up life membership in the NRA!! What say you guys up there, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    we write the NRA and have them lobby Trump to grant immigration to any Canadian gun owner who wants to get the ell out of ell? We can use the help down here of like thinking folk. Of course, the must pony up life membership in the NRA!! What say you guys up there, eh?
    I've got tonnes of rellies up there, lots of them true duallies...... some who've been there since the 60's and a bunch moving or have already moved back home.

You think this little blip is a significant impetus to migrate southward ...... you think "granting" immigration is a thing..... or ponying up for NRA dues....... you wait until you're trying to get your money and goods (and guns) out of Canada!

I know people who've had a sale, come south for a trip and just never gone back north.....

Unfortunately this happens when you get a head of state whose total experience prior to the job was "snowboard instructor".

My condolences to the law-abiding people of Canada

Those who think it doesn't matter because they don't like ARs, AKs or Mini14s (who likes Mini14s?) are completely missing the boat. Not only are the aforementioned arms just as interesting, challenging, and engaging as your BR gun, they are no less reviled by the antis. Rest assured your "precision sniper weapon" is next.

GsT

Quote Originally Posted by GeneT View Post
    Rest assured your "precision sniper weapon" is next.

GsT
    A lot of truth in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sturm View Post

Funny thing is..... unlike the US where secession is an unthinkable act, Canada actually has a precedent!

How many folks from the lower 48 can name all the provinces? How many non-Canadians here even know the name of the province abbreviated NU????

LOL

As Gene noted it is only the beginning and not the end. The people should not give in and revolt against this order. Those that are legally owned should remain as such those folks haven't done a damn thing wrong. It's there freedom that was just instantly destroyed and if they don't stand up to keep it they will only loose more. Here comes Nancy, Chuck and the Fake News they are now going to demand the same. If you recall they tried pulling this same crap in California several years back. There are more competitive service rifle events than one might tend think Camp Perry being the biggest one of them all and the longest running.