Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A question about bullet trays

Walter Carraway

I had a stack of these...pretty good stuff I must say!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walter1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	23580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walter2.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	23581  

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    What are you using for trays for the 1.290 6mm jackets? The trays for the .825-.900 do not work very well.
    Just looking it seems the funnel in the tray should be over half the diameter of jacket length.

Richard
    Did you call George Ulrich?

It will work

Quote Originally Posted by billbrawand View Post
    fojackets work fine in 6 5 6 mm and 30sr long jackets cut as told before 3 4 quaters apart use tapered step drill make crib set around pt\lastic ttray inch plus all these work slick
    1000 jac kets and 1000 leads in 20 min 1 814 335 0450 c

For long jackets

Use 1 inch white plastic 1thick 12wide cut in half drill holes 3 4 apart long jackets will fall in drill bottom board right size hole for jackets champher each hole lightly put jackets in each coner place step drill board on top make crib 2 inches put around drop jackets and swis around make thin plexaglass with small runners to hold in placemake 3 fourths thick plastic for righ weight leadsuse small step drill for leads to fall into use door edege cover put small piece on one end to pull out ple4xglasshold lead tray in place you can cut all plastic on table saw make sure you champher each hole right i ll help c 1 814 335 0450 bill

use 1 inch white plastic 1thick 12wide cut in half drill holes 3 4 apart long jackets will fall in drill bottom board right size hole for jackets champher each hole lightly put jackets in each coner place step drill board on top make crib 2 inches put around drop jackets and swis around make thin plexaglass with small runners to hold in placemake 3 fourths thick plastic for righ weight leadsuse small step drill for leads to fall into use door edege cover put small piece on one end to pull out ple4xglasshold lead tray in place you can cut all plastic on table saw make sure you champher each hole right i ll help c 1 814 335 0450 bill
    ps make sure your holes line up good

Cool

fojackets work fine in 6 5 6 mm and 30sr long jackets cut as told before 3 4 quaters apart use tapered step drill make crib set around pt\lastic ttray inch plus all these work slick
    make sure the bottom of your hole is kept small to line up right

best funnel angle ? and how deep ?

A drill is 120, a step drill as mentioned above aprox 60, a deburring drill is 90, which funnel angle will you consider being the most efficient ?

The distance between each cavity was discussed above, but what about funnel depth /width ?

I mean, when one drills the funnel plate, when does he stop ? How wide should the funnel entrance be ? Otherway, how much flat surface do you left between funnels entrance ?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by r.g. Robinett View Post
    roger that - anything else is a "work around" . . . And time consuming. rg
    randy i inch white plastic cut i half make 2 inch crib to fit around them drill holes three quaters of inch apartdrill top with step drill keep bottom of hole small to let jacket line up champher bottom of all holes slightly every thing on this should give you a good set for long 6mm 6 5 30s call if need help c 1 814 335 0450

Smile

randy i inch white plastic cut i half make 2 inch crib to fit around them drill holes three quaters of inch apartdrill top with step drill keep bottom of hole small to let jacket line up champher bottom of all holes slightly every thing on this should give you a good set for long 6mm 6 5 30s call if need help c 1 814 335 0450
    make sure bottom board holes are hair loose so jackets will fall in easy I MADE A NUMBER OF BOARDS FOR BOTTOM OF EACH CAL.

Cool Check it out

Quote Originally Posted by oliveoil View Post
    a drill is 120, a step drill as mentioned above aprox 60, a deburring drill is 90, which funnel angle will you consider being the most efficient ?

The distance between each cavity was discussed above, but what about funnel depth /width ?

I mean, when one drills the funnel plate, when does he stop ? How wide should the funnel entrance be ? Otherway, how much flat surface do you left between funnels entrance ?
    about a quather of inch from bottom with slightly bigger hole for jacket fall thru easier top of funnel should touch next ones so jacket will role in when wish them around

Cool

about a quather of inch from bottom with slightly bigger hole for jacket fall thru easier top of funnel should touch next ones so jacket will role in when wish them around
    remember this plate fits over jackets when puttind in leads then thin plexis glass with runners then 3quarters inch plastic with holes for leads champhered for leads to roll i easy like jackets

Cool

remember this plate fits over jackets when puttind in leads then thin plexis glass with runners then 3quarters inch plastic with holes for leads champhered for leads to roll i easy like jackets
    put crib on top so you can swish leads have cookie tray to catch roll offs after holes are filled and lift crib it takes 25 mins for 1000 jackets and 1000 leads instead of 2 hr

Thanks Bill.

Cool

put crib on top so you can swish leads have cookie tray to catch roll offs after holes are filled and lift crib it takes 25 mins for 1000 jackets and 1000 leads instead of 2 hr
    for your help i made bottom boards for 52 gr but used 6mm shaker works fine if you want pictures i can have my dauhter e them to you william @brawand . Commsend yours

Cool

for your help i made bottom boards for 52 gr but used 6mm shaker works fine if you want pictures i can have my dauhter e them to you william @brawand . Commsend yours
    you can make as many bottom boards as you want then do all your jackets then your leads