Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 149

Thread: Vudoo V22S SS/F Class Action

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    UT/CT
    Posts
    80

    Vudoo V22S SS BR/F Class Action

    There's a lot of info coming down the pike on this....



    MB
    Last edited by DEFTI RIMFIRE; 04-18-2020 at 01:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFTI RIMFIRE View Post
    There's a lot of info coming down the pike on this....



    MB
    OK, I'll bite. Locking lugs?

    TKH

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    50
    It the new body for the V22-s BR action...3 lug, 60 deg

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    UT/CT
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykharper View Post
    OK, I'll bite. Locking lugs?

    TKH
    Yessir, that's the three lug bolt body.

    MB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio - Land of the "Mogs"
    Posts
    107
    Gonna have action adapter bushings available? The Rimfire benchrest world has a bigillion ~.900 barrels laying around.
    I ask because it is my understanding the action is designed for 40x tenon.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFTI RIMFIRE View Post
    Yessir, that's the three lug bolt body.

    MB
    I don't know how far you are down the rabbit hole you are with your new Bench rest action but let me make a request.

    Make the tenon 3/4 inch with a 16 thread.

    The reason is almost all other Custom Bench rest actions have this tenon. If yours has the same all the previous barrel can be refitted to your action.

    The most popular barrel contour in RFBR is the .900 straight. Followed by .875s and .850. None of these can be used on the 40X tenon.

    If you keep the 40X tenon all of these barrels will find homes but on other actions.

    TKH

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    UT/CT
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykharper View Post
    I don't know how far you are down the rabbit hole you are with your new Bench rest action but let me make a request.

    Make the tenon 3/4 inch with a 16 thread.

    The reason is almost all other Custom Bench rest actions have this tenon. If yours has the same all the previous barrel can be refitted to your action.

    The most popular barrel contour in RFBR is the .900 straight. Followed by .875s and .850. None of these can be used on the 40X tenon.

    If you keep the 40X tenon all of these barrels will find homes but on other actions.

    TKH
    Well, first, it's not a rabbit hole, it's an actual design and not just something I did because others do it or because someone arrogantly says it has to be a certain way. I happen to have my own barrels that are .900 and recently received a shipment of Muller blanks and can get any other barrel I want, and yes, they're .900 also. I'm not particularly concerned about the other barrels not fitting my action and I don't want them to; I'm sure they'll do just fine on the few other actions that use the smaller tenon.

    Thanks Tony,

    MB

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    UT/CT
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Gonna have action adapter bushings available? The Rimfire benchrest world has a bigillion ~.900 barrels laying around.
    I ask because it is my understanding the action is designed for 40x tenon.
    Although the the thread specs are similar (1.062X16), it's not a 40X tenon, it's a V22S tenon.

    MB

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    50
    This is how I become poor! This will make Vudoo 4&5!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    UT/CT
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by marks_a18138 View Post
    This is how I become poor! This will make Vudoo 4&5!
    Nice! I'll continue to update this thread as this project moves along.

    MB

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    50
    Mike don't worry, you keep doing what you have been doing! Ruling the 22 PRS world with 1000's of top of the line rifles in peoples hands! Now the 2nd fastest growing rimfire sport in the Nation is Smallbore F-class that requires BR accuracy and you guys will fill that gap!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    UT/CT
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by marks_a18138 View Post
    Mike don't worry, you keep doing what you have been doing! Ruling the 22 PRS world with 1000's of top of the line rifles in peoples hands! Now the 2nd fastest growing rimfire sport in the Nation is Smallbore F-class that requires BR accuracy and you guys will fill that gap!
    Not to worry, many told me I'd never make the original V22 successful because it wasn't like what everyone else was doing and now companies are copying it for a cash grab. I have a huge appreciation for the F Class crowd and I'm not focused on BR the way BR is now, I'm focusing on what BR can and should be.

    MB

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFTI RIMFIRE View Post
    Well, first, it's not a rabbit hole, it's an actual design and not just something I did because others do it or because someone arrogantly says it has to be a certain way. I happen to have my own barrels that are .900 and recently received a shipment of Muller blanks and can get any other barrel I want, and yes, they're .900 also. I'm not particularly concerned about the other barrels not fitting my action and I don't want them to; I'm sure they'll do just fine on the few other actions that use the smaller tenon.

    Thanks Tony,

    MB
    MB,

    I had no idea you would take my "down the rabbit hole" comment as critical or negative. If you found it offensive in any way I assure you it wasn't meant to be.

    RFBR has always had many shooters that prefer to fit their own barrels.

    If you have chosen not to support that, so be it.

    I have enjoyed the sport of shooting most of my life. Being with and around shooters is as rewarding as shooting near perfect scores.

    But in this sport you run into some big personalities, and some even bigger egos.

    You, being a manufacturer of products that we use in this sport makes me have great respect for what you do.

    But your comment about focusing on what bench rest "should be" is a bit rich coming from someone that doesn't actively participate in the sport.

    Perhaps I'm reading you wrong, maybe you mean you hope to bring something to RFBR that will make overall improvements.

    If that is the case, I will applaud your efforts when they come to fruition.

    As for the 1.062 tenon you can call it a V22S tenon or anything you like, but remember Remington was using it decades before you were born.

    I look forward to your post as you progress.

    TKH
    Last edited by tonykharper; 04-19-2020 at 08:21 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    UT/CT
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykharper View Post
    MB,

    I had no idea you would take my "down the rabbit hole" comment as critical or negative. If you found it offensive in any way I assure you it wasn't meant to be.

    RFBR has always had many shooters that prefer to fit their own barrels.

    If you have chosen not to support that, so be it.

    I have enjoyed the sport of shooting most of my life. Being with and around shooters is as rewarding as shooting near perfect scores.

    But in this sport you run into some big personalities, and some even bigger egos.

    You, being a manufacturer of products that we use in this sport makes me have great respect for what you do.

    But your comment about focusing on what bench rest "should be" is a bit rich coming from someone that doesn't actively participate in the sport.

    Perhaps I'm reading you wrong, maybe you mean you hope to bring something to RFBR that will make overall improvements.

    If that is the case, I will applaud your efforts when they come to fruition.

    As for the 1.062 tenon you can call it a V22S tenon or anything you like, but remember Remington was using it decades before you were born.

    I look forward to your post as you progress.

    TKH
    Tony, I appreciate your response and clearing up the intent of your post. As I've stated here before, the BR world has been less than welcoming and primarily arrogant and condescending to new people. I've experienced this at matches and online and I have no desire to be a part of it. As it stands now, one of the "egos" you mention now spends an inordinate amount of time talking to himself online as he struggles for relevance while he could be working to pay things forward for the benefit of the sport, as is the case for many of the "personalities and egos." My "should be" reference is about doing this for a huge number of people that are not interested in this clique-ish environment.

    As for the tenon, I believe I stated the actual thread specs, 1.062 X 16, are similar to the 40X, but I didn't say I was doing that before Remington. The intent of my comment was to impart that a 40X tenon won't fit a V22S and vice versa. If you guys believe that anything 1.062 X 16 is a 40X tenon, then this is clearly part of the problem. In addition, how can you claim to know when I was born?

    From here, I and others will get back to the reason I created the thread, which is about a new action. If you have sincere questions and/or general interest, that's great, I'd be glad to have a dialogue that involves the reasons and attributes of the features and benefits of the V22S.

    Thanks Tony,
    MB
    Last edited by DEFTI RIMFIRE; 04-19-2020 at 09:46 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFTI RIMFIRE View Post
    Tony, I appreciate your response and clearing up the intent of your post. As I've stated here before, the BR world has been less than welcoming and primarily arrogant and condescending to new people. I've experienced this at matches and online and I have no desire to be a part of it. As it stands now, one of the "egos" you mention now spends an inordinate amount of time talking to himself online as he struggles for relevance while he could be working to pay things forward for the benefit of the sport, as is the case for many of the "personalities and egos." My "should be" reference is about doing this for a huge number of people that are not interested in this clique-ish environment.

    As for the tenon, I believe I stated the actual thread specs, 1.062 X 16, are similar to the 40X, but I didn't say I was doing that before Remington. The intent of my comment was to impart that a 40X tenon won't fit a V22S and vice versa. If you guys believe that anything 1.062 X 16 is a 40X tenon, then this is clearly part of the problem. In addition, how can you claim to know when I was born?

    From here, I and others will get back to the reason I created the thread, which is about a new action. If you have sincere questions and/or general interest, that's great, I'd be glad to have a dialogue that involves the reasons and attributes of the features and benefits of the V22S.

    Thanks Tony,
    MB
    Mike,

    It seems we aren't going to be able to communicate on a forum. Perhaps if we are face to face at a match we probably would not have this problem.

    No, that is not a threat.

    I simply mean you and I would be able to see each other and read each others intent better and that would lead to better communication.

    I don't know who damaged you about RFBR but we would all benefit if you could just let it go.

    I have no doubt you have much to offer, and our small community sorely needs all the help we can get.

    Thank you for what you do.

    TKH
    Last edited by tonykharper; 04-19-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •