Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Waaithing to get Tested at this minute.

Good call Jackie. Many of us are well into the vulnerable age bracket and it pays to take some precautions. Here is hoping you were merely exposed and not infected. Stay well.

Joe

Best of good fortune to you, Jackie.RG

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    Results in two days.
    Results?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Results?

I'm with you Hunter. I've been worried about Jackie and have been monitoring this forum all day. Hope he is okay and his test results were negative. The medical community is so overwhelmed at this time it may take more than two days to get results.

Hope you have fully recovered from your battle with Corona virus and that your wife is doing well.

Gene Beggs

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    Good call Jackie

I'd have done the same thing..... if I could.

in fact most everyone I know would get tested, if we could.

Most of us feel we've already had it.
    To be effective we all need to be tested every 4-5 days. I've read any number of comments on various boards by posters who say that they had some or all of the symptoms, felt sicker than a dog but tested negative for CV-09. Went through it myself in mid to late Feb. The wife says that she still isn't over it.

Been waiting to hear back from Jackie as well.

The best defense against this or any virus is no underlying health problems and a healthy immune system.

Hey Jackie

Your friends are anxiously waiting to hear about the results of your Corona virus test. The last we heard, you were waiting for your number to be called for testing. Hope they didn't lock you away in one of those ships that you work on. Let us know with just a note saying you are okay.

Gene Beggs

Quote Originally Posted by r44astro View Post
    The best defense against this or any virus is no underlying health problems and a healthy immune system.
    ... and if you don't qualify?

Guys, I wish I knew as well.

Here is the story as of this morning.

This testing was set up for Senior Citizens by the office of Shiela Jackson Lee through the United Memorial Testing Center.

I waited the 2 days for my results. I then called, and was told it might take an additional 24 hours. After not hearing from them, Last Thursday I called again. They said it might take as long as 5 days from day of testing. So, I called back at 3:00pm Friday, still no results.

I told the Lady on the phone that I could have already gotten sick, been 2/3 of the way to recovery, or be dead by now.

She said I would have to call back Monday.

I still have no symptoms, feel fine. So in all likelihood that test will be negative.

I am beginning to believe this was nothing more than a political stunt by Shiela Jackson Lee. That may be cenacle, but they said at the time of the test that in 24 hours we would have our results.

But, the TV cameras are gone now, so the emergency must have passed.

Jackie

If you don't get an answer today, I'd be calling the TV station whose camera(s) was rolling or the local health department or sheriff and report a possible hoax. Maybe all 3. WD

Political stunt by an elected official. Never
    Just for a little pay back start calling her office as well.

Jackie !

Jackie, glad to hear you are okay. If you are showing no symptoms by now, I think you can breathe easy about the virus test.

Best regards,

Gene Beggs

Itís gone from ridiculous to absurd.

Well, itís been 9 days. I have called every day, asking for my results. The past three days, just a recording saying to leave a message. Sure, like they were actually going to call me back.

Today at noon, I tried the number again and got a live person on the line.

I told her I had been waiting nine days for my results. She left the phone for about five minutes, when she came back, she said that my test had been contaminated in shipment and I needed to get retested if I wanted to.

I asked how, she said she could make me an appointment at the FM 1960 IH 45 station. She then asked me what payment would I use.

I told her the one 9 days ago was set up by Shiela Jackson Lee as being free to Senior Citizens. Her response was that was a one time thing and if I wanted to get re tested, I would have to arrange payment.

I wanted to unload on her, but I realize she is just a mindless bureaucrat. So I just told her to forget it.

The best way I can describe this entire experience is........bulls-t

By the way, my younger brother, who was tested the same day as I, was told they could not find his records.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    I told her the one 9 days ago was set up by Shiela Jackson Lee as being free to Senior Citizens. Her response was that was a one time thing and if I wanted to get re tested, I would have to arrange payment.
    Sounds like a call to Ms. Lee is up next.