Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you go to an out of town match at this time??

Well, it's nice to see a return to responsible commentary.
    What lots of folks seem not to factor are two major issues here. Everybody, absolutely everybody is trying, even by being overly cautious, to try to stretch out the contamination curve so as not to potentially overwhelm the system.
    The choices boil down to maybe being over cautious and underwhelmed or cavalier and risk being overwhelmed.
    This, and the fact that as of now.....zero treatments/effective drugs, and those are on a fast trac development schedule, hopefully minimizing ultimate fallout.
    Time will tell.

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but at my age I have already survived 4 or 5 Ends Of The World, so I'm throwing caution to the wind.

It will still be there....

I too, try to rely on common sense for a lot of things in life. There is NO medicine for this. There is NO vaccine. Old people are susceptible and we, as a group, have a lot of old men. Not a lot of cases yet but increasing daily. Hopefully, the infection curve will flatten out in the next month.

I agree there is an awful lot of hype on this but it IS a contagious virus. Do your own risk/reward analysis. If you go, you may win 1st place, bragging rights and gas money or a blue ribbon/trophy. You may win a trip to the hospitol or worse.

Match directors have a big decision to make here. I'll have to address this in the next week as to whether to have the match in Austin on the 29th. It will prob be only 15 shooters but we're all old bastards in the high risk group. It may be wise to take a month off.

How do you know the guy you just shook hands with didn't get sneezed on by the person in line at the grocery store. I mean, there were only 75 people in line with me at the store.
    SK

Personally, I'm not very afraid to get the virus. What I'm afraid of is to get the virus, and then pass the virus on to people of not so good health.

Despite the fears

I really wonder what the economic impact will be?

Pretty sure this is going to be the nastiest in my 54 years walking this earth. The Canadian dollar keeps dropping. Not going to be good for Canadians and purchasing of goods....

😟😟😟

Quote Originally Posted by CYanchycki View Post
    I really wonder what the economic impact will be?

Pretty sure this is going to be the nastiest in my 54 years walking this earth. The Canadian dollar keeps dropping. Not going to be good for Canadians and purchasing of goods....

😟😟😟
    I mustered the courage to glance at my 401k today. I’m reconciled to think that what goes down must come back up

We are giving in, we WILL lose if we don't wake up!

A church in Louisiana "defies the government" by gathering for Sunday Service.... the cops show up to "break it up" and claim that "they'll call in the National Guard"

And NOBODY IN OUR NATION flinches!

sick

we're sick all right.... soul-sick.

This is the real problem here, we're staying home, accomplishing nothing. Limiting nothing. We're believing, listening to, giving credence to the segment of the population which is completely incapable of reason. For all the wrong reasons. Mortality rate for people under 30 is zero.... most of us already have been exposed.... so if you want to do something "effective" don't go visit your elderly loved ones.....

And today the silly bints are suggesting "no gatherings larger than 10 people"

I guess there's one "good thing".........The streets around our great nation are choked with kids, happy happy happy......"SCHOOL'S OUT FOREVER!!!"

Best Spring in history!

Go Kids!

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    A church in Louisiana "defies the government" by gathering for Sunday Service.... the cops show up to "break it up" and claim that "they'll call in the National Guard"

And NOBODY IN OUR NATION flinches!

sick

we're sick all right.... soul-sick.

This is the real problem here, we're staying home, accomplishing nothing. Limiting nothing. We're believing, listening to, giving credence to the segment of the population which is completely incapable of reason. For all the wrong reasons. Mortality rate for people under 30 is zero.... most of us already have been exposed.... so if you want to do something "effective" don't go visit your elderly loved ones.....

And today the silly bints are suggesting "no gatherings larger than 10 people"

I guess there's one "good thing".........The streets around our great nation are choked with kids, happy happy happy......"SCHOOL'S OUT FOREVER!!!"

Best Spring in history!

Go Kids!
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ervice-for-300

A man was caught in a storms rising waters, some friends came by in a tall 4x4 and said to get in.
    “No”, said the man. “I am relying on My faith in God to save me.”

As the waters rose, the man was trapped on the second floor. A boat came by.....”Get in, we can take you to safety”
    “No”, said the man. “I’m relying on my faith in God to save me”.

As the waters rose the man was soon trapped on his roof top. A rescue helicopter appeared over head....”Grab the rope, we will take you to safety”

Well, the man drowned, and at the Pearly Gates, was met by St Peter.......”why didn’t the Lord save me”, said the man.

St Peter answers....“Oh, your the moron that we sent the truck, the boat, and the helicopter after”.

Heck, Al, if the only scientist you believe is a ballistician .....

Unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ervice-for-300

A man was caught in a storms rising waters, some friends came by in a tall 4x4 and said to get in.
    “No”, said the man. “I am relying on My faith in God to save me.”

As the waters rose, the man was trapped on the second floor. A boat came by.....”Get in, we can take you to safety”

As the waters rose the man was soon trapped on his roof top. A rescue helicopter appeared over head....”Grab the rope, we will take you to safety”

Well, the man drowned, and at the Pearly Gates, was met by St Peter.......”why didn’t the Lord save me”, said the man.

St Peter answers....“Oh, your the moron that we sent the truck, the boat, and the helicopter after”.

300 members, hugging, holding hands and kissing. After the last hymn is sung,
    they take whatever viruses they might have been exposed to, back to their respective communities.
    Not smart.

The tithes are more important than common sense.

Glenn

Forrest Gump lives.

You's guys are missing my point

#1, We are not a despotism..... ASK the American people and they'll give until they cain't give no more

and then give some more

But when the news is full of "Martial Law" and our police are so confused they're threatening to call The Guard into churches...... I'm not there.

#2, Quite simply, if we were EVER, any given year, made aware of daily/monthly/yearly influenza deaths in a day-by-day minute-by-minute fashion, with the same breathless rigor as we're being treated to now by this virus, the world would freak out. Just like it's doing.

THIS, https://www.foxnews.com/health/spike...ests-increases I find funny..... The numbers "went up almost 600% overnight when we started testing"......ya' THINK people??

Well, I guess we're experiencing what the reaction will be if we ever do experience a pandemic.

And some day folks will be wearing "I Survived The Covid Crisis" shirts, and feeling like heroes....

Sorry y'all..... I just ain't a'skeert

And no John..... I don't just believe "scientists"...... I believe SCIENCE, and I'm not including Neil DeGrasse Tyson nor 'Bill Nye The Science Guy'

I grew up in a world where I "believed" in National Geographic, Scientific American, Popular Science, Science Digest etc etc, where "by 2020 we'll all be flying to work and taking high-speed (XXXX) and no more fossil fuel".....and free bubble up and rainbow stew

Now, I choose to believe in SCIENCE

And in MATH,

And in PHYSICS and data and facts..... and this thing stinks to high heaven.

It is amazing

how wonderful we have it in the US and Canada with the freedom of speech.

The only problem, we can be so judgemental of people's opinions on this matter.

Living where I do, with a city population of around 50,000 people, and a province of just over 1 million people, it will hit home when the 1st positive case is identified in our city. Honestly I think it is to early to be shutting everything down in our area. Maybe I am crazy for thinking that but what happens if we have no case for say another week or 2? Then they will be asking or initiating a city wide curfew....This will definately impact the general public and the economy.

Again, it is great to live in a free world with freedom.of speech but yet how free is our speech? Just saying.

We are all adults and individuals and we will choose how to deal with this pandemic as we see fit. An example, buying up all the toilet paper? WTF for?

I grew up using a outhouse. No running water. A bath once a week. Cut ice from the lake and melted it in a 45 gallon barrel for water in the winter. We collected rain water off the roof of the house in a 500 gallon barrel. If it was a dry year we pumped and filled the barrel from the lake. As long as I do not get to sick if I happen to contract the virus, I will be able to survive. My house is protected by the good Lord and a gun if need be. Yes if need be.

Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by CYanchycki View Post
    it will hit home when the 1st positive case is identified in our city.

Calvin
    IMO "the first positive case(s)" will show up once they begin testing for it...... IMO, this cat is O U T of thee bag, these horseys done LEFT the barn a long time ago.

IMO "Containment" is a pipe dream, this virus will run it's course just like any other, like the river thru the reeds.

IMO

Thank you Calvin for your perspective.

Clinging to guns and religion

Obama infamously stated that in times of stress people cling to their guns and religion. We are now stressed by the COVID 19 virus. We have the guns. The only thing we lack is an appropriate religion. I suggest one of the following:
    Sufi Whirling also known as the whirling Dervishes: Here the premise is simple. Remove the virus from your body by centrifugal force.
    Louisiana Voodoo: Stick pins in a voodoo doll of the Corona virus.
    Shakers: Believed in celibacy. Eventually the epidemic is removed from the population due to the lack of the population.
    Heaven's Gate: Grab your black tennis shoes, commit suicide and let that spaceship take the virus to comet Hale-Boop.
    Finally there is the most radical religion of all, Accordionism: Everyone attempts to learn to play the accordion. This won't cure the virus but it would sure promote social distancing. Tim