Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does a nice custom rimfire BR cost?

Right Bolt - Right Port

Quote Originally Posted by zanemoseley View Post
    Well I've been emailing Anthony at turbo about pricing for a build. Since I'm a lefty I figured the ideal setup would be left bolt right port and heard the 2500x is not offered in LB. I put up for sale one of my expensive bullseye pistols which will pay for the majority of the rifle, we'll see if it sells.
    I'm left handed and I have two 2500X actions that are right bolt - right port. I much prefer to load on the right side so that I can see the chamber and the round being placed onto the loading port. I have my ammo and timer right where I can plainly see it. It's a very smooth setup (for me anyway).
    You may want to sit down at your kitchen table and emulate what you are thinking and what I described. Make sure that what you order is what you will be happy with.
    I trust that this will help you.
    Matt
    Last edited by pikedrop; 03-04-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikedrop View Post
    I'm left handed and I have two 2500X actions that are right bolt - right port. I much prefer to load on the right side so that I can see the chamber and the round being placed onto the loading port. I have my ammo and timer right where I can see plainly see it. It's a very smooth setup (for me anyway).
    You may want to sit down at your kitchen table and emulate what you are thinking and what I described. Make sure that what you order is what you will be happy with.
    I trust that this will help you.
    Matt
    Second the right port as a lefty notion. Iím a lefty as well. Having a left bolt would be nice but since Iím already loading on the right side I now feel the right bolt is advantageous.

Turbo Receivers

All of our our receiver models are available in any bolt and port configuration, none are special order. The majority of left hand builds we supply for left handed BR customers are left bolt right port which makes them easier to operate when sitting at the bench. At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference which is why we offer any bolt and port configuration.

Best Regards, Anthony DiOrio

Hi Anthony,
    Looking forward to competing with the LBRP Turbo V3 rifle you are building for me. You should have received a fax with my FFL today.
    Regards,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by zanemoseley View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I need to do some thinking to decide how deep I wanna get. Also need to decide if I want to save up or just sell some rarely used bullseye pistols to finance.

I found out I'm just an hour away from Mid TN sporting Association which as matches. I'm going to contact the match director to get the match details.
    AND... don't forget that you will have to join the "great ammo chase" and your ammo will run you anywhere from $1400 to $1900 a case, depending on what ammo you choose... Rimfire BR is a great game, but you need some deep pockets to play effectively...
    \
    Dave

Just go to amatch if you can find one. There are always a few guns for sale or someone knows of one.

Maybe you can find one ready to shoot. One nice thing about 22 RFBR shooters-they will almost always let you shoot a for sale rifle. No pigs in a poke.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark K View Post
    Hi Anthony,
    Looking forward to competing with the LBRP Turbo V3 rifle you are building for me. You should have received a fax with my FFL today.
    Regards,
    Mark
    Good luck. I have a friend waiting for his new V3 action from DiOrio Mfg. He paid for it last September and it has been promised several times but he has yet to receive it.
    Last edited by SigP224; 04-10-2020 at 09:32 AM.