Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help me identify this rifle!! Rare??

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    Your task is Sisyphean,

his??? Meh.... I'd let my wife do it, without fear for her safety....... And I love her.

And she'd enjoy it.

Regarding YOUR job.....Hmmmmm...... Speedy's an accuracy guru, he may just be your saving grace. The rest of the offerings??? I'd use them for trading stock against something worthy.

So, if I were handed your task, I would begin by getting a Redding "Type S bushing die" which sizes only the neck. I'd be getting some Winchester 270 cases and necking them to 25 altho you've a decent chance even with plain ol' plain ol' Win 25-06....I'd load 25-06 rounds using the 115gr Nosler Ballistic Tip bullet out to firmly engrave the rifling lands and spend a few hundred rounds with it. I think I'd have a good chance of making the accuracy parameter of 1/2moa

Ballistic Coefficient up near .5.......... with a little luck it could get 'er done.

You'll need the luck
    First of all, great word. Not often I run into a fellow sesquipedalian member. Secondly I forgot to mention the 25-06 is also Ackley Improved... does that change things?

Yeah his task isnít as tough. Itís not like we have brown bears in WI. I can just hope he doesnít draw a tag 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Ceow717 View Post
    First of all, great word. Not often I run into a fellow sesquipedalian member. Secondly I forgot to mention the 25-06 is also Ackley Improved... does that change things?

Yeah his task isnít as tough. Itís not like we have brown bears in WI. I can just hope he doesnít draw a tag 😂😂😂

Ohh Yeahh.... and a Master of Malapropism me, more.... I'll even dabble in Cockney Rhyming Slang.....

Re the 25-06AI, nope, doesn't make it any less accurate BUT!!! You have to be EVEN MORE CAREFUL to keep the bolt lugs well lubed when loading neck-size-only with the AI version as the Ackley shoulder will tend to get tighter than the un-ackleyfied virgin. By the 4th-5th reload you'll be heeling the bolt closed fairly firmly so be careful not to gall your bolt lugs.

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    "Bravery" is generally a form of stupid which has as it's root insecurity.

That is the most stupid definition of Bravery I have ever heard. You have never seen bravery.

Brave men died so that key board shooters could live out a therapeutic fantasy

Glenn

And they donít even know or care.

Yeah I kinda jumped off the top rope but he has to shoot a bear with a pistol on the ground so thereís that. I have a Savage model 12 6mm BR, a Nesika .243, a Dakota .243AI, a Dakota 25.06 customized by Speedy Gonzales and a Model 70 .225 Win. Are any of these capable or do I need to go shopping??
    If I was wanting to shoot long range with one of your listed rifles, I'd use the Savage 6BR. The 25-06 is the least accurate caliber that I've personally owned, ackley or straight.
    Keep your purchased Winchester to shoot at the range for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    If I was wanting to shoot long range with one of your listed rifles, I'd use the Savage 6BR. The 25-06 is the least accurate caliber that I've personally owned, ackley or straight. Keep your purchased Winchester to shoot at the range for fun.
    Amen, Butch. -Al

If I was wanting to shoot long range with one of your listed rifles, I'd use the Savage 6BR. The 25-06 is the least accurate caliber that I've personally owned, ackley or straight.
    Kind of where I was leaning. Iím currently bidding on a creedmoor too... just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
    Amen, Butch. -Al
    Amen 2 Butch.

Iíll give it a whirl. Itís a 12/1

Iíll give it a whirl. Itís a 12/1
    12/1?

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    12/1?
    Sorry 1/12

I feel build/builder is more important than chambering in his list.... IMO 6BR don't make a Salvage magic but Speedy's probably got some things right.

Speedy can't save a 25-06. I'd take a Savage factory rifle in 6mmbr over it and bet money.

Speedy can't save a 25-06. I'd take a Savage factory rifle in 6mmbr over it and bet money.
    And another Amen, Butch.

As Paulie Walnuts would say..... "Bingo!" -Al

Probably true but dang itís good looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14A7CBD0-9A2D-4C8E-A2C2-B420DF646E1E.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	469.2 KB 
ID:	23308