Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOkayyy, test video

Good Lord, Al......that local guy wouldn't be 'ol Ham handed would it?

Al,
    I've long looked at your posts and admired how you can express yourself in a variety of ways. Particularly by using unique spellings and capitalizations and spaces so that make it seem like you're in the room carrying on a conversation. Even use some of your methods in emails and texts because it's fun to get a point across like that. You're expressive. Sooooo when I saw you were fixin' to become a YouTube star I had to at least take a peek and hear you a few minutes. Didn't get to see the whole thing but I'll circle back when I can.

1. You don't sound like I thought you would. (Who does?!?)

2. This is going to be educational for me, keep doing it, please.

3. I couldn't quite get over this, and maybe it's just me...........

Does Jeff Bridges ever get told that he looks like you?!?

Root around on the internet at some pics. It'll surprise you.....or him!

Take care,

Greg

Looked like I pictured him. I poured allot of concrete back in the day and we all tended to look the same mustache shirt jacket and all.

So I've made the channel "public" and I brought 26+ gigs of vid over to a fast innernet connection and mass-dumped the whole mess...... it's loading up en masse and I just got a notification that "one is up". It's a 2 minute throwaway that "fits" into several hours of video if I ever get it edited.

IT WILL MAKE NO SENSE!

So if anyone gets a notification, please understand that the main bulk probably won't be up until sometime tomorrow. I will then attempt to put the raw footage into some semblance of order.

Calvin, this IS NOT the segment I said "was being uploaded" a couple days ago.

Well'p, here it is 12:30 Ante Meridian of Sunday 02/09/20 and I _think_ the lead-in video of this second-round series just popped up.

Try starting at #119 (unless another lower number pops up) this non-edited blow-n-go extemporaneous attack is kinda' tough.

With over 60 mini-vids in the can, on 6 different topics..... and nothing sorted...... I'm hoping some of this follows. Hopefully getting the 'Gordying' series off the ground.

'tis an 'umbling endeavor

How much

do your tuners weigh Al ?

Thanks,

Pete

OK, I've managed to get several vids up.....

The name of the channel is currently opinionsby____al with the space being composed of 4 underscores.

Channel isn't yet managed or ordered, but generally speaking going in numerical order will give some semblance of order.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHU...qbHiCjQ/videos

Last video was real clear keep em coming Al.

I've gone back in and labeled the unedited vids trying for better continuity

hth

al

Al, Butch, Jackie, Mike B and Gene I am sitting here thinking and wondering if a Coaxial indicator can be used to dial in the chamber and throat. I have one that reads to .0002 and what is it that I may be missing about it not being able to be used for that long reach purpose?
    Last edited by Louis.J; 02-10-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    Al, Butch, Jackie, Mike B and Gene I am sitting here thinking and wondering if a Coaxial indicator can be used to dial in the chamber and throat. I have one that reads to .0002 and what is it that I may be missing about it not being able to be used for that long reach purpose?
    Well, I'd be a liar if I said I'd tried it, but having given it a little thought, here's my thinking: the straight tip on my Co-Ax (Blake) is ~1.3" long and fairly thick. After that you hit the clamping arrangement which is too big for most anything (particularly given that it will move eccentrically). I think you could reach in 1.25" and probably do fine, but you'd need to indicate a full 360* rotation to be sure you weren't fooling yourself (since the co-ax isn't designed to sit in one position). AND you'd need room for that fat tip to rotate, which might make it unsuitable for smaller calibers. You can't really thin out the probe because the co-ax takes an order of magnitude (or more) force to operate than a dti. It might work under some circumstances (very short chamber, preferably large caliber) but I don't think it's an improvement over a mitutoyo dti with extended probe. But, hey! I've been wrong before (that one time back in '87...) so you might consider giving it a go and seeing what *you* think.

Good luck!

GsT

Well, I'm completely sideways with videoing me trying to #1, turn necks on the lathe (FAIL so far) and #2, documenting a whole NUTHER coaxial situation I discovered re barrel nutting. I just finished building a fireforming barrel (It was straight) so's I can #3, get some cases fireformed to try the lathe-neckturn thing again.......... but by this evening I plan to have another barrel in the lathe and I will video some tests showing direct readouts VS readings taken on the Gordy rod but RIGHT OUT IN THE OPEN so's we can all look at it and see if there's correlation

This uploading thing is a real onry problem. I started 2 videos last nite at midnite and only the 2-minute one uploaded while the 9-minute one dropped out sometime in the night.

I will videotape some open-air readings on the Gordy Gritter's rod

Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    Hmmmm, I'm missing something as my coaxial stuff (from my Bridgeport) would be completely helpless what with those lands scrubbing by sideways....... a typical longstem is still dragged over sideways but the heavy hinge at the pivot keeps it fairly accurate

Thanks Gene not being one who believes there any stupid questions why not ask what comes to mind to those you trust and thank you for your input. I have used the steady rest approach rifle shoots good. Through the headstock dialing in both ends using guage pins rifles shoot good. Now time to try something I have not yet tried dialing in the throat. I don't have a long reach indicator I can get one and that's what prompted my question. In my own head by dialing it in 360 I could also use the tail stock to push the reamer straight in after being drilled and bored. I have always strived to reach perfection with everything I do. So I have always picked the minds of those who have already reached the place I want to take myself too.

Al,

I expected to see a younger man, for some reason. Did you see my question on your tuner weights?

Thanks,

Pete