Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Cactus Classic Registration

That is Mister Boar to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmithsr View Post
    my guess is that
    being a man,
    you get to Denver before you ask for directions.
    by then the match is half over.
    Dear rsmithsr, You are incorrect in your statement that I am a man. My wife and children swear that around the age of seventy I morphed into a warthog both in temperament and especially appearance. The proper term for a male warthog is a boar although, again, my family insists this should be spelled bore. Tim

so is it Dr Bore ?
    and specifically are you a small bore (6mm) or a big bore ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Oltersdorf View Post
    Dear rsmithsr, You are incorrect in your statement that I am a man. My wife and children swear that around the age of seventy I morphed into a warthog both in temperament and especially appearance. The proper term for a male warthog is a boar although, again, my family insists this should be spelled bore. Tim

Quote Originally Posted by rsmithsr View Post
    so is it Dr Bore ?
    and specifically are you a small bore (6mm) or a big bore ?
    Well, since you asked: 17 cal., snub nosed 2" barrel, bore pitted and rusted, finish completely worn off, basic mechanism subjected to extreme abuse, NRA grade 0. Tim

Cactus

Do I need to bring my loading bench or will we have a place to reload?

Quote Originally Posted by chriscovell View Post
    Do I need to bring my loading bench or will we have a place to reload?
    They have covered reloading benches. (All reloading/cleaning is outside)
    The early bird get the choice benches--FYI.

Will need tarps and clamps to cover your stuff at night.
    Remember it get dusty and windy sometimes!!

By bringing your reloading bench the worst that can happen is you never use it.

Its better to have it and not need it than
    to need it and not have it.

Remember Benchrest shooters never have "Too much stuff".
    Don't forget you will need a stool!!!!!

CLP
    Last edited by C.L. Peterson; 03-03-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Cactus

Thank you!

A thong bikini on cold concrete

Several comments on loading at the Cactus: Covered concrete picnic tables with built in benches are available on both the East and West of the stat house. Along the length of these benches are bolted angle iron to which you can attach your presses and powder measures. They only stick out a short distance so some presses might not fit. Most will. The benches on the East side seem to be the most coveted. Some guy ,I believe his name is Duct Tape Danny, must show up about Christmas and reserve most of the concrete benches with strips of duct tape and people's names written on them. If you sit on the South side of the concrete benches you will be sun blasted in the afternoon. Using a large tarp, spring clamps, bungee cords and tent pegs you can shield yourself. Those concrete seats get cold. Bring a seat cushion or you will feel like the title of this reply. Parts of you will shrink so far up that you will end up with large wrinkly ear lobes and a trunk instead of a nose. It used to be hard finding unreserved loading areas at the Cactus. The last few Cactus's this has been addressed by them putting up a large tent and multiple 6' tables for additional loading so finding a spot is no longer a problem. I assume they will do the same this year. FYO the single men's restroom sometimes runs out of powdered soap. With the Corona virus news media hyped panic you might want to bring along your own bar of soap to wash your hands if they run out. The latest word from the CDC on the virus: Never go out in public without a total body condom, a beanie with a revolving red beacon and a siren. Tim
    Last edited by Tim Oltersdorf; 03-05-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Batteries

Tim

Well put. I have it on good authority that Bruno's will have on hand a large supply of batteries for your beanie and siren.

Gary

Monday was windy but shootable
    tues rain
    wed rain
    thur rain
    Friday predicted rain
    there has been shooting between the rain
    sat/sun still PREDICTED to be good