Thread: Remington riveted extactor

Remington riveted extactor

Does anyone have a source for Remington riveted extractors?
    I have a friend with a like new Rem. 700 7MM Express and he does not want to alter the bolt with a Sako
    or other extractor.

Thanks

Check out Brownell's

Richard

Brownells 641 623 4000 is chronically out of stock so
    Jack First 605 343 9544
    Poppert's 215 887 2391
    Wisner's 360 748 4590
    Outback 812 945 0480

will have them

I got the last one from Midway,

Meant to say, the last one I replaced I got from Midway
    Last edited by Jim Kobe; 11-13-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Regarding those extractor,

I have a 223 dolt faced Rem bolt I want to open a little to 22 Russian size, Will I have to spoil the extractor currently in it and install a new one when the bolt is opened up?

Thanks,

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    I have a 223 dolt faced Rem bolt I want to open a little to 22 Russian size, Will I have to spoil the extractor currently in it and install a new one when the bolt is opened up?

Thanks,

Pete
    P

Yes you will.

I know I have an extractor for a Remington 700, not sure I have the rivet. If you want the extractor send me your address and itís yours. If I have the rivet I will send it along too.
    worst case you will have half the parts. If I remember correctly there is also a special tool you will need for staking the rivet.
    Went out to shop and checked, I have 4 extractors 2 for large bolt face 2 for small bolt face, which do you need? I do not have the rivets. Let me know what caliber the rifle is and I will send you the correct one.
    Just checked brownells the rivets and extractor are in stock! Offer still stands if you want the extractor let me know that saves you about $35.00.
    Last edited by Riverwolf1; 11-13-2018 at 09:36 AM.

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwolf1 View Post
    I know I have an extractor for a Remington 700, not sure I have the rivet. If you want the extractor send me your address and itís yours. If I have the rivet I will send it along too.
    worst case you will have half the parts. If I remember correctly there is also a special tool you will need for staking the rivet.
    Went out to shop and checked, I have 4 extractors 2 for large bolt face 2 for small bolt face, which do you need? I do not have the rivets. Let me know what caliber the rifle is and I will send you the correct one.
    Just checked brownells the rivets and extractor are in stock! Offer still stands if you want the extractor let me know that saves you about $35.00.
    Thank You,

Pete

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Riverwolf1, you have indeed made a generous offer, but I would like to pay you fair market value.