UBR - Dry Branch Rifle Range, Dixon Springs TN - 2024 Results

Greyfox

Subject: UBR 3 2 24 DBRR
The 1st match of the 2024 season was shot at Dry Branch RR on Saturday. Sixteen rifles competed in very decent weather for the 1st W/E in March. Temp topped out in the low 50s with misting rain for a good part of the day and the wind was light, 0-5 mph from the WSW. This was quite possibly the best conditions we will have all year. We had two new competitors, one took 3rd in the GA. This was his 1st match of any kind. Thx to everyone who came. We missed several of our regulars who didn't make it for various reasons.
Scores should be attached.
Rick Fox, match director

Attachments

• DBRR 3 2 24 100M.pdf
    77.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DBRR 3 2 24 200M.pdf
    77.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DBRR 3 2 24 GA.pdf
    78 KB · Views: 32
Originally posted by Greyfox; I copied and pasted it to this thread (with a minor edit). :)

Saturday morning (4/6/2024) @ 6:30 the temp was in the upper 30s at Dry Branch Rifle Range and many gas heaters were seen as folks made the effort to knock off the cold. But since the breeze was light and the sun was bright the temp soon made it into the 50s. By noon we had reached 60. Turnout was moderate with about 16 individuals competing in all but Factory Class. Conditions were mild by Dry Branch standards with winds 5-7 most of the day, but typically switching early and often. Scores were unremarkable as the switches were a challenge. Scores are attached. I struggled all day with running the match as my friend John Beauchamp took ill on Friday and couldn't make it. His help has spolied me and dealing with calling the match, organizing targets,scoring targets, etc and had to be contantly reminded which match/relay we were on. I won't try to name all the folks who helped as I would surely leave someone out. I will thank Philip Gregory for a fine pot of Chicken and dumplings and helping with the targets and Todd & Chester with scoring. Thx for all the support from the shooters. I expect to have better weather next month.

Rick Fox
Match Director
MTSA

Back