Transporting a rail

I have some built by a cabinet maker to be minimal. I also have 2 sets of aluminum boxes that i built to be minimal. No good way to transport. I put my base in the box in the back of the truck, slide off my scope and lay the top in my backseat.

Carried my rail for years by rolling each piece in a blanket. I never understood why folks thought they needed all that stuff for their rail gun. Just roll each piece in a blanket, forget the cart deal, and go to a shootin' match - Jeez!

I agree, it looks like something extra special that needs all that stuff but I assure you it is not. It's just another rail gun that will sell for a similar price regardless of how it's kept/carried. I do, however, go along with those that think otherwise but only because I don't have any choice. :)

Order yours from Iran before they run out

How did your name come up Glen? That's easy to answer. You are famous. You are the infidel poster guy all over the middle east. Iran has printed up thousands of targets with your likeness and uses them in all their terrorist training camps. It is rumored that after introducing these targets their expenditure of ammunition tripled. Tim

Last edited:
i have some built by a cabinet maker to be minimal. I also have 2 sets of aluminum boxes that i built to be minimal. No good way to transport. I put my base in the box in the back of the truck, slide off my scope and lay the top in my backseat.
lay side b side on flor passerage side with couple pillows

More information

How did my name come up in this discussion? I carry my Rail on the rear seat floor of my Pickup.
Works fine.

Glenn

Glen,

I'm very interested in this innovative method you employ to carry your rail gun to matches! Will you please do me a favor and show me your technique this next year at the Gulf Coast Regional UL matches? ;-)

Thanks and enjoyed your company last weekend!

Scott

Glen,

I'm very interested in this innovative method you employ to carry your rail gun to matches! Will you please do me a favor and show me your technique this next year at the Gulf Coast Regional UL matches? ;-)

Thanks and enjoyed your company last weekend!

Scott

Scott, imagine how much innovation it takes to figure out how to transport a two piece Rail gun, when you don't have custom made boxes. All the credit(innovation) goes to the designers of extended cab pickup trucks.:D There is a lot of room in that rear seat floor area. I’ll show you at the next GCR UL match.:D

My idea of fun is hanging out with a great bunch of people. Had a great weekend. Hope to see ya soon.

Glenn

Last edited:
I have two cumbersome alluminum boxes that are too heavy. So I don't take them out of the car, just slide them to the back, take the top and base out and put on the cart. Not sure how long the back is going to hold up.

Back