Scoring at LR

Downeast

In BR some of the regional matches shoot at 600 yards. I've never attended a BR match but in F class they have pits and scorers. How does a shooter in BR determine hits? On a standard 600 yard BR white and blue target it is nearly impossible for me to see hits with my NF Comp. Even with a spotting scope it's hit or miss. (sic)

With a black F Class target you can forget it. I tape reactive targets on to them and even then they can be challenging to see. I know I'm missing something here.

Here is how we do it. Steel plates for sighters, reactive stickers for score. Plates are hanging under each numbered paper target.

343521BC-B428-4785-8C03-A755B318CAB7.jpeg

Last edited:
In BR some of the regional matches shoot at 600 yards. I've never attended a BR match but in F class they have pits and scorers. How does a shooter in BR determine hits? On a standard 600 yard BR white and blue target it is nearly impossible for me to see hits with my NF Comp. Even with a spotting scope it's hit or miss. (sic)

With a black F Class target you can forget it. I tape reactive targets on to them and even then they can be challenging to see. I know I'm missing something here.
most but not all have pits and scorers...just not shot by shot, by the stat office AFTER THE relay has shot. if pits, your sigthers are marked with a disc and shown as shot, within 1 min of end of sighteer period, record targets are raised and the 5 or 10 shot relay is shot till time is up or all shooters are complete.
shoot a real rifle and you can see hits at 600....30 cal( on a good day you can see 6mm with a spotting scope, not always with a shooting scope...the front lense is too small in dia to resolve the hole

Where I shoot we now have Shot Marker electronic targets. Sooo no more pit duty. Working the pits was the pits

Back