Sac Valley 4-6/7 2-GunResults

wfcustom

Sloughhouse Benchrest Shooters held their first Group match of the year, a NBRSA Registered LV/HV 2-Gun this weekend.
The 11 shooters who came out to brave the challenge of the Ione Triangle were greeted Saturday morning with chilly temps, (by Left Coast standards) and a mild switchy tailwind. It was one of those conditions where you tried to pick one side or the other and hope you didn't get caught!
New BR shooter Jeff Rodriguez in only his 2nd BR match and first group match let everyone know he was there to compete with a nice .191 group on target #1 and shooting consistently the rest of the way to capture the morning LV100 with a nice .2676 agg.
Match Director Dan Lutke finished 2nd at .2944 just edging out Steve Epstein who was 3rd with a .2960.
The winds were picking up as we rolled right in to HV late morning. I finally managed to get my act together and parlayed 3 small groups into a nice .2518 Agg, outpacing Bryn Borras who finished 2nd at .2890, Dan finishing 3rd with the only other agg in the 2's a .2972. We moved the frames to 200 and called it good for the day.
We started Sun morning with 1 more shooter, and a bit more condition both in intensity and directional shifts. Steve managed to dope out the conditions well enough to shoot a very nice .2235 Agg to win the yardage going away. Ron Pepper shot a nice .2451 Agg for 2nd, just edging out Dan who was 3rd again with a .2484. Special mention to Lyle Van Wig who joined us after quite a few years away (something about working for a living? I don't know ya gots to have priorities) and finished 4th right behind Dan with a .2546 Agg and small group of the yardage. Nice shooting Lyle!
The wind was getting a lot more intense mid-morning as we moved to the LV stage at 200 and the groups reflected it.
When the smoke cleared it was Steve edging out yours truly .3356 to .3543, Roy Luchini finishing 3rd at .3740. Lyle had the only other agg in the 3's, like I always say the winds of the Ione Triangle will eventually exact their revenge!
The LV Grand was won by Steve Epstein with a .3158, I was 2nd with a .3347, and Roy Luchini finished 3rd at .3533.
The HV Grand was won by me with a .2545 agg, Steve was 2nd at .2726, Dan Lutke 3rd (by .0002!!) at .2728.
Wait there's more!
The 2-Gun was won by Steve Epstein with a .2942 agg, I finished 2nd with a .2946 agg. That's .0004 of an inch or 8 thousands total across 20 targets. I know I'm a WLB, but here's the punch line... I measure the targets:p:eek:. LMAO.
Steve felt so bad he said he thought we should remeasure them, I told him not a chance in hell I'm ready for a beer (or two);). Anyway Match Director Dan was a distant 3rd at .3316. Special mention to our 2 new shooters Jeff & Lyle who finished 4th and 5th respectively.
I would like to thank everyone who helped out moving the frames and getting everything put away in a timely manner, especially Steve and Michael for getting the frames set up on Friday. Thanks to Dan for running the matches and I hope to see everyone at our next match May 4th which will be a Chabot Special.
Results won't attach, says file to large.
Complete results on AS
G

Back