ppc brass prep??

rsmithsr

i am sort of new to short range 6ppc shooting. i was at the range last week and a known shooter shot some just anneal brass vs not annealed. simply put the annealled out shot the other by a bunch. so..i was considering how to take advantage of this. i currently prep about 25 pcs at a time and use them for a match or two then they become practice brass.....this is weight sorted brass.
how many of you simply use 220 r out of the box unsorted ?
i was considering prepping a full box to use as match thus having maybe only 2 firings in a day, anneal at night and come back with "fresh" brass in the am.
so size expand, turn fireform
then anneal or fire twice before a match
comments
while i see most guys only run one small lot at a match, i know a couple that run 100 or more

Please tell us where an how you know the weight differences in what part of case
thanks
there are lots of people with lots of opinions. some based on random data, others on actual application.
i shot rws 300 win mag in my first 1000 yd br rifle. i bought 4000 pcs of brass( 1k four times) and sorted each lot. i kept two lots of 100 that had a spread of 0.1( plus or minus 0.05)...yep each lot had close to zero variation. in load development i was able to shoot 0.315"/0.316" at 200 yards. i have no PROOF the brass helped, but i have sorted that way before and after, always going for the smallest variation possible. the best sort in my opinion is case volume of fired and sized brass, but i will live with my process. i have 2 long range national championships....something works.
you did not answer my question, and do you shoot 6ppc in competition ?

Yes I to look at vol i the case there is much difference in BR100an200 yd verves 1000yd the the thing if works for you that is the most important shoot small

Yes I am shooting at redisville nc Nbrsa this weekend 100-200 Lv an hv an I also
score matches I have ran matches in NBRSA

well i have learned that one of the top shooters has been bringing his AMP to the range and anneals EVERY TIME!, and another anneals every night like i was suggesting.

Back