IR 50 50 vs RBA What's the Difference

There is a World event being the WRABF, World Rimfire and Air Rifle Benchrest Federation, and run at Finland next year which has compeditors from around the world shooting 3 categories of rimfies and 3 of air rifle,

We shoot some across Australia and field a teaM and have competed over the years

MY BEST TARGET
kZKXX4n.jpg
Now there is some fine shooting. I would give a lot to shoot a target that looked like that.

IR 50 50 vs RBA What's the Difference?​

One difference was RBA always gave away cooler trophies than IR 50/50. They were never the same, always something different.

The organization was set up to give back to the shooters everything but the cost of running the matches.

There was a lot of energy behind RBA and you could feel it when you attended the matches. I still miss it today.

TKH
RBA trophy.jpeg

I shot both RBA and IR5050 in 3 gun format. I was a MD for both for years. I enjoyed shooting both RBA and IR5050 as well. Dave Burton was president of RBA when I started, then Scott Hamilton was later, then Jeff Braun, then Bob Collins, then maybe Phil Dorman or Craig Young? As I said I enjoyed both games, but just decided to concentrate solely on IR5050 when Wilbur started allowing us more than 1 match per month. Then instead of and RBA match followed by an IR5050 match, we could just shoot 2 IR5050 matches. But, I loved both games, and many fine folks were shooting in both. Great bunch of people.

Back