6mm br

just asking.....does any one shoot the 6mm br in 100 and 200 yard benchrest.i see the 6mm ppc all over but was cureus if any one shoots it.
thanks

I'm having a barrel made for Heavy Varmint to experiment with. It might make it to me before the snow flies.

This is kind of dated now, but my understanding is for 100-300 yard ,6ppc tends to shoot better. For 300-600 yard , 6BR shoots better. I very well could be so so wrong though.

There is a compelling reason 6 BR's are rarely seen at Group matches. I have a 6 BR HBR rifle I've used off and on over the past 3 years. I have won 4 matches with it. The matches I have won with it was when the wind was switchy and strong and those by more then one point and or x es. When it was new, I felt it shot tighter than the 30 BR I usually use but some days it really shot poorly = out of tune I think. Once in awhile one sees one that really shoots well. I'd say that is a rarity though. The "goodie" in the barrels doesn't seem to last a long time. It really gets down to Barrels I believe. A good barrel chambered in 6BR will perform.

Back