40X serial number help

Dew

I've come into a Remington 40-X SS 22-250 27 inch barrel woodstock rifle with the serial number 33370B. It is straight factory and on the barrel is "22-250" with the "heart" sign and on the other side of the barrel is the REP in a circle. No other markings

It has the holes for scope blocks.

My friend ordered it when he lived in another state and he moved to this state in 1973 or close to it. He is getting rather old and can not remember the year he ordered it or what he paid for it.

I've been to the Remington site for help and I can't get an answer. All I want to know is what year was it made.

Thanks,
Dew

Site

That was interesting to look at but it appears to be for the rimfire .22 40X.

I did get an email address to send in the serial to Remington and I'll see if they can help me.

Thanks for your help... both of you.
W

When you go to the site, click on "Good Reading", then open "Decode the date". The code is Remington's universal code. The two alpha characters are on the left side of the barrel just in front of the action.

If you have a problem, post the two characters and I'll decode them for you.

:D

Dew - one additional bit of info; I have two 40x's with S/N in the 44xxx and 45xxx which I bought in the mid-70's so I'd hazard a guess that yours is at least a mid-60's.

I had a 40x 300WM that didn't come with any date codes on the bbl. It had the 'Rem' in the oval and other proof marks but no date code.

Markings on barrel

As I said in my first post, there are no markings on the barrel except for the 22-250 and heart on one side and the circle with REP on the other.

Dew

#

Sent in my serial number to Remington at the email address they gave for such things. Still waiting for a reply.

I bought a Remington 40 X last month. the barrel letters are W L. I would appreciate someone decoding it if possible . The receiver is marked Remington 40 X US 22 Long Rifle.thanks.

Dew,
I have a 40X as you describe with a serial no. about 20,000 higher. It was bought new in 1976 for the princely sum of $300.00.

I've come into a Remington 40-X SS 22-250 27 inch barrel woodstock rifle with the serial number 33370B.

I've been to the Remington site for help and I can't get an answer. All I want to know is what year was it made.

Call Remington. They'll have an answer for you in about a minute. I know, I just called 'em myself a few minutes ago (for a different rifle, before I saw your post, otherwise I would have asked about yours too!).

33053B nothing like keeping a thread alive. old style, single shot, Dupont box, flat safety and slim, blued barrel.

Back