2008 Savage LRPV in 6mmBR

LouB

Savage has answered my "prayer" and will be offering the LRPV rifle in 6mm BR in 2008. I think that it will be a perfect chambering for both short and long range fun. Any accurate 6mm BR loads you want to share. Also should I use Tubbs final finish system on the savage bore when I get the rifle?

Cheers,
Lou

Savage 2008 in 6mmBR

I hope in 1:8 twist but the posting I saw on the Savage board didn't specify. I hope it is the 6mm Lapua BR variant chambering with 1:8 twist for the 105-107 gr rounds

LouB
In my opinion do not use "Tubbs final finish system on the savage bore when you get the rifle". There is plenty of time to do something like this later. If you have a couple of 100 rounds down the tube and it won't shoot then think about something like that.
JMHO

Glenn

Last edited:
LRPV 6mmBR

LouB
In my opinion do not use "Tubbs final finish system on the savage bore when you get the rifle". There is plenty of time to do something like this later. If you have a couple of 100 rounds down the tube and it won't shoot then think about something like that.
JMHO

Glenn

Glenn is spot on...........
Savage barrels are pretty good from the factory. Especially their .22's.
Be patient with ANY factory barrel, at least for the first 100 rds.
If the Tubb "shooting finish" is to be used, use the finest media first. This process is REAL aggressive and can ruin a barrel, certianly the throat.

Savage has been listening, think they will do the smart thing and offer the 1-8
in a more than likely 6mmBR Norma chamber...?

Lotta FINE aftermarket barrels available in EXACTLY what you want... Why wait for a factory offering that will shoot only so good....?
The customs are both worth the wait and price..IMOP.
cale

Rumors around the boards say it will be offered in two twists, 1:14 and 1:8.

Back