Left the range. Keith Christianson.

Eddie Harris

Met Keith many years ago at St Louis benchrest range. Became great friends with many discussions on all benchrest elements. Later in life Keith’s eye sight begain to fail but he stilled wanted to hear play by play of each shoot I had been to. The day he passed we had an early morning discussion about bullet design while drinking my coffee. Will miss our chats. God Bless Everyone. Eddie Harris

Keith was a friend of all at Oak Hill Gun Club.
A respected shooter and willing to help anyone.
He will be missed.
We are DIMINISHED!!!
CLP
He will be missed.
We are DIMINISHED!!!
CLP

He will be missed.
We are DIMINISHED!!!
CLP
Met Keith when I started bench rest. He helped me in many ways and we became friends. We traveled to matches together and shot together here at the local range. Keith never ran out of ideas and loved making phone calls to his many friends. As was mentioned in a previous post, even though he was unable to shoot the last couple years, he continued to love talking about shooting and discussing shoot results. I echo the comment that he will be missed and we are diminished. Rest in peace my friend.

Kieth was a fine competitor and I'll miss his company at the matches.

Many good posts about Keith above.

Keith grew up on a farm about a half mile from the little town where I was raised. He was 4 years older than me and his twin younger brothers were a grade behind me. He also had 3 sisters. I recall how bad I felt for the family when I was in 7th or 8th grade and their Mother passed away during Christmas vacation from cancer.

One fall day they were picking corn on the edge of town. Keith was out there shooting rabbits as they flushed from the field. He had a .22 rimfire with a scope...I was amazed. First scope I'd seen on a rifle. I recall looking through the scope trying to see something.....Keith and his brother drag raced for many years and did well. Keith worked road construction back then. The winter layoff worked out well because Keith loved fox hunting in the winter. I remember the pic of 60+ fox hides he and his buddy shot one winter. Later he mostly coyote hunted due to the fox population being decimated by the mange in 1993. He taught me about fox and coyote hunting and we did quite a bit of it back then.

But his main love was always guns and shooting. A dedicated bachelor he could do as he pleased. I introduced him to prairie dog hunting in the early 90's. We made many trips to South Dakota and Wyoming. Keith was pretty frugal with his money, some may say he was a little cheap, but definitely not that way when it came to guns and shooting supplies.

Back in the late 90's he invited me to go down to Cedar Rapids to an informal score shoot at the range Dean now tunes at. I went along to watch. I had a few prairie dog rifles but didn't take any. We arrived and Keith whip's out a 22Br and says, shoot this. I did and placed third...He won. He was already into Benchrest shooting with our friend Kamback and the next thing I knew he put me in touch with a guy that had a Panda in a Meridith stock for sale.....We traveled to many matches. If anyone had a question, Keith was never short on answers.....always willing to help. His eyesight got bad the last few years and he had to quit shooting matches and finally quit all together. He had shooters hearing....He had a calling tree a mile long and kept in touch with many people. He always wanted to know how things were going with my race car, bullet making, shooting, ect. and we spoke every couple of days. He was a familiar face at my shop.

I was always afraid they would find him wrapped up in his lathe, but he passed away when out for a walk. He was a great guy and will be missed by many, but the Keith stories will go on........

RIP Keith

Later
Dave

Last edited:

Keith grew up on a farm about a half mile from the little town where I was raised. He was 4 years older than me and his twin younger brothers were a grade behind me. He also had 3 sisters. I recall how bad I felt for the family when I was in 7th or 8th grade and their Mother passed away during Christmas vacation from cancer.

One fall day they were picking corn on the edge of town. Keith was out there shooting rabbits as they flushed from the field. He had a .22 rimfire with a scope...I was amazed. First scope I'd seen on a rifle. I recall looking through the scope trying to see something.....Keith and his brother drag raced for many years and did well. Keith worked road construction back then. The winter layoff worked out well because Keith loved fox hunting in the winter. I remember the pic of 60+ fox hides he and his buddy shot one winter. Later he mostly coyote hunted due to the fox population being decimated by the mange in 1993. He taught me about fox and coyote hunting and we did quite a bit of it back then.

But his main love was always guns and shooting. A dedicated bachelor he could do as he pleased. I introduced him to prairie dog hunting in the early 90's. We made many trips to South Dakota and Wyoming. Keith was pretty frugal with his money, some may say he was a little cheap, but definitely not that way when it came to guns and shooting supplies.

Back in the late 90's he invited me to go down to Cedar Rapids to an informal score shoot at the range Dean now tunes at. I went along to watch. I had a few prairie dog rifles but didn't take any. We arrived and Keith whip's out a 22Br and says, shoot this. I did and place third...He won. He was already into Benchrest shooting with our friend Kamback and the next thing I knew he put me in touch with a guy that had a Panda in a Meridith stock for sale.....We traveled to many matches. If anyone had a question, Keith was never short on answers.....always willing to help. His eyesight got bad the last few years and he had to quit shooting matches and finally quit all together. He had shooters hearing....He had a calling tree a mile long and kept in touch with many people. He always wanted to know how things were going with my race car, bullet making, shooting, ect. and we spoke every couple of days. He was a familiar face at my shop.

I was always afraid they would find him wrapped up in his lathe, but he passed away when out for a walk. He was a great guy and will be missed by many, but the Keith stories will go on........

RIP Keith

Later
Dave
Sounds like a life well lived, sorry for ya'lls loss. Sounds like a great guy!

Back in the late 90's he invited me to go down to Cedar Rapids to an informal score shoot at the range Dean now tunes at. I went along to watch. I had a few prairie dog rifles but didn't take any. We arrived and Keith whip's out a 22Br and says, shoot this. I did and place third...He won. He was already into Benchrest shooting with our friend Kamback and the next thing I knew he put me in touch with a guy that had a Panda in a Meridith stock for sale.....We traveled to many matches. If anyone had a question, Keith was never short on answers.....always willing to help. His eyesight got bad the last few years and he had to quit shooting matches and finally quit all together. He had shooters hearing....He had a calling tree a mile long and kept in touch with many people. He always wanted to know how things were going with my race car, bullet making, shooting, ect. and we spoke every couple of days. He was a familiar face at my shop.

RIP Keith

Later
Dave

Thank you for sharing Dave. Sounds like he was a great man and great friend. So sorry for your loss.

Met Keith shortly after I started shooting benchrest and learned a lot from him. The first time we carpooled to a match I told him where I lived in New Hampton When he was supposed to be here I got a phone call that he couldn't find my house,he was in Hampton 70 miles away. (probably a case of shooter ear). Traveled and shot a lot with him always a good guy. RIP Keith (Then was the toll booth story and the Mickey Cakes and ............................)

Great stories Dave and Dave. Keith was all of what you described as helping shooters out,. Me being one of them. we are all going to miss him,

Back