Kelbly Atlas

leadfarmer

My FFL is selling a Kelbly Atlas stainless steel single shot. I have shot a kelbly atlas tac and loved it.

Anyone ever use these for benchrest shooting? Maybe a 30br or 6br is in the works for me. My friend traded me 500 pieces of Lapua 6br brass, and I have enough N130 and N140 to smoke a barrel. If I didn't I'd go for a 6ppc. Some day I will.

Any thoughts?

i started my first real br rifles with atlas's ...won a 600 yard national lite score with it at its FIRST match.
dasher 6br 30 br easy

My FFL is selling a Kelbly Atlas stainless steel single shot. I have shot a kelbly atlas tac and loved it.

Anyone ever use these for benchrest shooting? Maybe a 30br or 6br is in the works for me. My friend traded me 500 pieces of Lapua 6br brass, and I have enough N130 and N140 to smoke a barrel. If I didn't I'd go for a 6ppc. Some day I will.

Any thoughts?
Is it a coned bolt or a flat bolt?

It's coned. That's one thing I wanted. Not sure of what difference it would make though?
The coned bolt feeds like a real BR action. Kelbly's makes a .173 spacer that works with the Atlas .692 headspace and .250 recoil lug to allow the 1.115 Panda spec barrels to fit on the Atlas coned bolt. I have mine set up that way....all my Panda/Kodiak barrels fit on it.

Last edited:
The coned bolt feed like a real BR action. Kelbly's makes a .173 spacer that works with the Atlas .692 headspace and .250 recoil lug to allow the 1.115 Panda spec barrels to fit on the Atlas coned bolt. I have mine set up that way....all my Panda/Kodiak barrels fit on it.
Good to know Al! Thank you.

With the trigger hanger, there's not a lot of room for a decent sized pillar for the tang screw. I made mine from a piece of 3/8" stainless tubing with a 5/16" inner diameter. For a real deal BR gun, I'd consider using the front two screws and floating the rear tang. An insert in the stock for the trigger guard rear screw works good in that situation.

Here's a few pics of mine...you can see the 'Panda' spacer. Hope this helps. -Al
aDMLE4Pl.jpg

EPaBUhxl.jpg

MYiJvsnl.jpg

eRWRdjfl.jpg

Back